Sydney has met many new friends at her school, and she absolutely loves it there. Her teacher is wonderful too. I think that the school will be the highlight of our stay here in Bahrain. She also started taking violin lessons (changed her mind from cello), and she's enjoying it so far. Ethan will start gymnastics classes this weekend, so hopefully he'll enjoy that. We're meeting people from Texas all the time. I've enjoyed getting to know some of the other Chevron wives. They are all very nice ladies, and they have been very friendly and welcoming. Chad still enjoys his work in Saudi, so I'm very thankful for that. He's able to come home on Wednesday evenings, and he goes back to Saudi on Sunday mornings. Since we're in the Middle East, our day of worship is Friday. That seemed strange at first, but we're getting used to it. Sydney's school week is Sunday through Thursday.
There is a camel farm just down the road from our house, and Chad took the kids there a couple of weekends ago. Chad rode one of the camels, but the kids would only sit on them while the camel was lying down...I don't think they realized how tall camels really are! This weekend is a holiday weekend (Eid celebrating the end of Ramadan), so we're hoping to go to a local waterpark with some other Chevron families. It sounds like fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment